The Science Fiction & Fantasy Community Blog is a community-run effort, aimed at producing quality information of interest to the SFF community.
All the content here is produced by members of the community and we are always excited to welcome new writers – there’s no hefty commitments to worry about, we won’t mind if you just write one good post and leave it at that, although obviously we’d be grateful if you have an entire series hanging around waiting to be written.
All post written before October 6th, 2016 were written on StackExchange’s now-defunct BlogOverflow under the Attribution, Share-alike Creative Commons license. After that point, the new team took over and moved the blog to the new domain and contribution licensing is a little different. For posts published on or after October 6th, 2016 authors retain full rights to their works, but give us permission to post and host them, share and link to them on other websites (including websites such as reddit, StackExchange, Twitter, etc.), fix formatting and copy errors, etc. Basically, you give us permission to use your work to do everything we need to do to actually show it to people, and that’s it.
If you’re interested in helping out then pop along to the SFF StackExchange chat room and let us know what you’re interested in writing. Also check out this post that goes into detail about how to submit, writing style, and so forth.
We’re looking for a wide variety of topics and games to be written about, so if you’ve got something interesting you’d like to write about then please let us know. Some suggested topics include:
- Reviews of books, TV series, comics, films, story reviews of games, whether newly released, or a classic more people should know about
- Reviews of events – local conventions, exhibitions, or anything else sci-fi/fantasy related in your area
- Important news or developments within the sci-fi/fantasy world, especially with interesting and insightful commentary attached
- Editorials on sci-fi/fantasy works or the industry
- Anything else to do with science fiction & fantasy that’ll be interesting!
You must be have an account on our blog in order to contribute.