alexwlchan suggested the two questions which happened to be the two highest voted questions in the quarter:
Avner Shahar-Kashtan mentioned DVK’s question How exactly is the Secret Fire similar to the Holy Spirit? He also liked The Valar and their power to create and the answer to Did the force-like magic exist within LOTR books?.
It was a very Harry Potter centric quarter for DVK’s favorites:
- What’s with Nimbus 2000/2001 naming?
- Can Avada Kedavra be used to kill more than one being?
- What was in the letter to the Dursleys Dumbledore left with baby Harry?
- How did Voldemort know about the magic of Lily’s sacrifice?
- Severus Snape’s first words to Harry Potter : an apology
- If a death eater had sacrificed themselves for Voldemort – would that offer a protection to him similar to the one given by Lily for Harry?
- Why doesn’t the Order use unforgivable curses in case of life threatening situations?
I mostly remember these [answers] because they were for the questions I asked, so there’s a certain bias [here.]
The answer by alexwlchan is wonderfully canon including sourcing a canon source I wasn’t even aware of before!
The question with the most votes AND the most views goes to Does Batman use Linux? asked by user3058846. The second runner up for most votes was How did Dumbledore, or anyone, know Lily had sacrificed herself for Harry? and the second runner up for most views was What are the rules of Trial by Combat in Game of Thrones?