It was suggested we do a favorite questions and answers post, so here it is.
Beofett suggested the answer to Are all Stormtroopers as poor soldiers as the ones in the movies?, which was answered by Jeff.
This is my single favorite answer on the entire website. It’s one of those answers that just shattered my preconceived notions about one of my favorite titles in a way that makes me enjoy the movies more than I had originally.
A Pretty underrated question. It’s one of those funny ones where you see it and you’re like “why didn’t I think of that?”. The entire story hinges around this one simple line, and none of us questioned what exactly is the “song of ice and fire”…
Thaddeus always takes the time to give us well-researched and wonderfully formatted answers, he even gives us a nice tl;dr for all of his answers. This one stands out for me as I really enjoyed the subject matter and all of the links and extra reading linked in the answer.
Slytherincess has exactly 3 questions favorited.
Why didn’t Fidelius charm on Shell Cottage stop the heroes from apparating there from Malfoy Manor? asked by jogabonito. Why did the Fidelius Charm on the Potters’ house break? asked byKevin. And the infamous Is Santa Claus a Time Lord? asked by Tango
Gabe Willard’s answer was absolutely the most surprising and unexpected one I could have imagined! The question is just okay, but the answer is unbelievable.
At the risk of a (probably fair) accusation of self-promotion, I was very happy with the detective work I got to do for my answer to “Word for female dunedain”. I understand why it only got +8 rather than the obvious +several billion it undoubtedly deserves (smiley goes here) since it was a farly niche-interest question, but it’s still amazing what one can dig up in obscure footnotes and side-references.
Richard liked the question Who, or what, are the human characters in the original 1977 Hildebrandt Star Wars poster? asked by Major Stackings.
It took me a while to puzzle out why the poster (drawn after the film had been made) looked like it had completely different actors on it.
SQB says What is the origin of the phrase “on the gripping hand?” asked by Bill the Lizard and answered by Gilles.
…because I learned something that I didn’t even know I could learn.
DVK has a number of favorite questions, of which he predominately answered.
- Was Yoda fully sane on Dagobah? asked by Peter Cassetta.
looks like a crazy hungry green thing that unfortunately has the ability to speak
- Why do we hear Leia’s Theme during Kenobi’s death? asked by Adrian Petrescu.
Because I love music questions.
- When Did George Lucas Make Up the Stuff About the Sith and Midichlorians? asked by Tango.
Because I’m a masochist, I suppose.
- Which are the Two Towers in Lord of the Rings asked by Ram G Athreya.
Deceptively simple and “obvious”.
- Why exactly do the Death-Eaters serve Lord Voldemort? asked by Mark Rogers.
Because BULLET POINTS
- Wasn’t Harry’s father just like Draco? asked by Kevin Howell.
Because I hate James Potter.
The top 4 favorite questions on the site are:
- Story where scientist communicates with cities directly asked by Chris B. Behrens with 36 favorite votes.
- In what order should the Star Wars movies be watched? asked by benhowdle89 with 34 favorite votes.
- Who or what was Tom Bombadil? asked by morganpdx with 32 favorite votes.
- Would the One Ring even work for anyone but Sauron? asked by Nerrolken with 31 favorite votes.