If Luke Skywalker didn’t want to be found, why did he leave a map? was asked by vs06, earning 132 votes, with the highest voted answer being from KutuluMike.
Kasperd asked Was any character alive during all of the Star Wars episodes from I to VII? was answered (but not accepted) by Jorge Córdoba, to the tune of 200 votes. This answer beat out the accepted answer by David Banner by 93 votes.
Was any character alive during all of the Star Wars episodes from I to VII? was the most viewed, asked by kasperd and with a count of 23129. Close runner ups were Why was Darth Vader so careless? asked by Gaussler (22057) and If Luke Skywalker didn’t want to be found, why did he leave a map? asked by vs06 (21456).
I liked this one because, quite frankly, I had the same question in mind while I was watching the film
Not to blow my own trumpet, but I thought my own answer to this question was nicely comprehensive
as was my answer to this one
As a start, my favorite answer to one of my questions this quarter was Does Gringotts employ any non-goblins?
Note, the linked answer has been deleted.
For attracting yet another professional to our site.
My own answer to How many people actually died during The War of the Five Kings? because any excuse for me to dig deep into the ASOIAF lore is a joy for me.
In no particular order:
- randal’thor’s question When did pure-historical Doctor Who go out of fashion? — I like questions that track trends in long-running science fiction works!
- N_Soong’s question Are any regular bridge crew on TNG actually members of the next generation? — One of those questions that few would think about until an astute observer asks it!
- WadCheber’s question Which is bigger: the Star Forge or the Death Star? — I’m partial to this one for several reasons: it’s an interesting question that tries to put two mega-structures in the Star Wars universe on some common ground, but I also like it because I answered it and enjoyed doing the calculations that resolved the question (and I netted a 500-point bounty in the process — thanks Wad!)
Also in no particular order:
- Richard’s answer to Was Kylo Ren’s lightsaber activated by the character that it then killed? — I always enjoy an answer that locks down a question completely, with multiple references that leave no room for quibbling…
- DVK’s answer to What does an astromech droid actually do while deployed in combat? — a comprehensive, model answer!
- Mazura’s amazing answer to Where is Vader’s meditation chamber on the Executor? — such excellent work deserves more votes!
- Politank-Z’s answer to Which Clark Gable movie did Edith Keeler want to see with Captain Kirk? — while not the accepted answer, it’s an enjoyable example of lateral thinking
How much was accomplished with the practical BB-8 prop? (Keen’s question) – I like this one because I’d heard contradictory rumors before, like that no moving props were used and the BB-8 in the desert was all computer animated.
Why are storm troopers legs asymmetrical? (Jonathan.’s question)
What is the “About the Author” blurb in Shadows of the Empire supposed to say? (Wad Cheber’s question)
What’s the story behind the Spock helmet? (Jason Baker’s answer)
What other Harry Potter related writings has Rowling written? (ibid’s answer) – a great list of references.
Questions of unusual topics
Pears in Doctor Who (Rand al’Thor’s question)
Which ‘finger’ was BB-8 sticking up? (Keen’s question)